The Faculty of International Relations of the University of Economics in Bratislava (FMV EUBA) is currently accepting applications for research positions at three levels: Postdoctoral Fellow (R2), Researcher (R3), and Senior Researcher (R4). These positions are available as part of the Recovery and Resilience Plan for Slovakia (call no. 09I03-03- V04).
The FMV EUBA is a unique faculty in the Slovak Republic that aims to educate future professionals for careers in International Economic Relations and Economic Diplomacy. Its main objective is to provide a comprehensive education that encompasses various aspects of International Economic Relations, the Global Economy, International Law, International Political Relations, the European Union, and Current Diplomatic Practices. The Faculty also conducts research projects and undertakes expert tasks that have a broader social impact in these fields.
Candidates may apply for positions across following areas:
- Economic Statecraft and Economic Diplomacy in the 21st Century;
- Trends in International Trade, Investment Treaty Making and Investment Protection;
- Geopolitics and Security Issues in Central Europe;
- Political-Economic Issues of (Post)-Conflict Development in the Buffer Zones of Southeastern and Eastern Europe (Western Balkans, post-Soviet states);
- Climate Change and Green Transformation in Central Europe: Challenges, Discourses, Policies, Economic Models;
- The Future of Diplomacy: An Analysis of the Evolution of Diplomatic Practices under the Digital Revolution;
- Educational Techniques and Technologies in Teaching and Learning International Economic Relations - Increasing Students' Engagement and Involvement in Educational Process.
This Call is specifically for applications to the scheme financed through the Slovak Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP). For more information about the RRP call, visit: https://ispo.planobnovy.sk/app/vyzvy/455104889489371136.
The main tasks will be:
- Perform high-quality research focused on one of the defined areas according to the candidate‘s research interest and profile;
- Publish research papers in high-impact internationally recognized academic journals;
- Actively search for project opportunities and grants, specifically with the goal of securing additional funding and continuing the position beyond the RPP funding period;
- Actively attend and present at international scientific conferences and events in order to disseminate the results of the scientific work;
- Provide guidance to PhD., Master students when required;
- Conduct lectures / seminars for students when required;
- Actively disseminate and popularize results of the scientific work to public.
The fellow is defined as:
- R2 = Postdocs / Recognised Researcher (approx 3 138 € brutto monthly salary);
- R3 = Independent / Established Researcher (approx 3 567 € brutto monthly salary);
- R4 = Leading Researcher (approx 3 991 € brutto monthly salary).
The fellowship includes additional budget for research expenses (1300 € per project month) and team personnel expenses (max 2000 € per project month for R3 and 4 500 € per project month for R4 researcher).
Minimum grant duration is 12 months and maximum 24 months. The contract must end at latest on June 30, 2026.
The applicant has to select his/her relevant career stage according to https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/europe/career-development/training-researchers/research-profiles-descriptors.
Economics, Political Science, Educational Sciences
PhD or equivalent
- Ph.D. degree in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Political Science, International Relations or related field;
- Background in above mentioned research fields documented by a track record of academic publications/PhD thesis;
- Experience with involvement (for R2) / leading research groups in the projects (for R3 and R4);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- The nominees must fulfill the criteria for R2/R3/R4 researchers as described here https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/europe/career-development/training-researchers/research-profiles-descriptors;
- Ability to work independently;
- Flexibility and the expectation that successful candidates relocate to Bratislava for the duration of the fellowship.
The applicants are expected to submit before August 24th, 2023 23:59
- a short description of project objectives (1 page A4, identify the research topic);
- professional CV;
- list of publications (together with citations and ResearcherID or ORCID identifier);
- a document confirming a PhD degree (a scan of the PhD diploma is sufficient).
The applications will be considered based on the submitted documents. Only complete submissions will be considered. After internal preselection, the successful candidates will be guided to prepare the full proposal in the required form:
in accordance with the call 09I03-03-V04 Fellowships for excellent researchers R2-R4
Successful candidates will be informed before August 31, 2023.
The full proposal must be completed before September 15, 2023 (including) in order to facilitate timely submission of the project.
Submitted proposals will be evaluated by three independent external reviewers and based on their decision the project will be recommended for funding. Only the positions of the funded projects will be occupied.
Foreign applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country they apply to for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment.
Website for additional job details: